A&R Solar is looking for a rock star Staff Accountant to join our team as a full-time member in Seattle.
In this role you will maintain the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and perform general accounting functions, as required. You’ll work directly with the CFO to run the proverbial accounting ship.
Start your application here.
Why join A&R Solar? We are changing the world! This is an exciting opportunity for you to join one of the fastest-growing private companies in Washington according to the Puget Sound Business Journal. In addition to offering an exciting work environment with growth opportunities, we were also a finalist for Washington’s Best Workplaces in 2015.
So what do we do? A&R Solar is a leading Washington solar energy installation and design firm. Employee-owned and based in Seattle, A&R Solar specializes in residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. We design and install solar energy systems for homeowners, businesses and government agencies throughout Washington State. In this role you will work hard and have fun supporting a company that stands for quality and excellence with products that empower people to take the reins of their energy future.
Ideal candidates will need to have expert knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks and have at least 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of customer invoicing through installment method and maintaining customer and vendor records
- Full cycle Accounts Payable
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed
- Prepare & process bi-weekly payroll, including withholdings for taxes and benefits
- Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes
- Administration of 401k and health benefits plans, as they pertain to payroll functions
- Prepare monthly Profit & Loss statements and Balance Sheet
- Maintain required business and financial documents
- Prepare annual 1099’s
- Assistance with the annual budget and audit process
- Setup and maintain vendor accounts, prepare statement reconciliation and handle discrepancies
- Deposit and cash reports
- Prepare and/or review all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
- Work closely with Operations team to generate job cost data and profitability reports
- Provide routine accounting and payroll support for office and field employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field (MBA Preferred)
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, required
- Expert proficiency of Intuit QuickBooks (5 years minimum experience required)
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- Ability to interface well with staff and external contacts of the Authority
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Start your application here.
A&R Solar offers a great working environment and culture as well as a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible work hours, employee ownership opportunities and other employee perks.
A&R Solar is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from military veterans and female and minority candidates.