A&R Solar is a Seattle-based, employee-owned solar installation company seeking a solar designer to join our team. We have been installing solar for eight years and continue to grow quickly. As a part of the design team, you will be helping us design and estimate solar energy systems for residential and commercial applications. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to their work and has a strong sense of pride in the quality of their craft.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Custom solar designs using aerial imagery, blue prints, 3D modeling, and proprietary estimating software.
- Conduct preliminary online rooftop property site evaluation to develop an initial system design.
- Design and produce mechanical, electrical drawings, and permit plans, ready to submit.
- Prepare formal proposals and quotes for prospective customers.
- Occasionally perform site-visits.
- Work closely with sales, project management, and installation teams to ensure client’s needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Work with building departments, utilities, or other AHJ to insure compliance with local and national codes.
- Log workflow and communications in company CRM.
- Maintain current knowledge of the NEC and all building codes applicable for proper solar system design.
- Knowledge of basic electrical design theory and concepts.
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction.
- Knowledge of current electrical and building codes.
- Experience in architectural, engineering, and/or solar design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Docs, Gmail, and SketchUp.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Analytic and creative problem solver.
- Great communicator and team player.
- Adept at 3D spatial visualization.
- Reliable self-starter with an ability to balance, prioritize, and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- NABCEP certification a plus.
- Starting salary: $40,000+ DOE
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible work hours, employee ownership opportunities and a fridge that usually has beer in it.
We’re a close knit team and do what we do because we’re passionate about sustainability. We hope you would be too.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
A&R Solar is a leading Washington solar energy installation and design firm. Employee-owned and based in Seattle, A&R Solar specializes in residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Whether you see solar as the future for your home or business, A&R Solar understands that it’s about more than power. It’s a legacy for future generations.
A&R Solar has installed over 600 systems since they started business in March of 2007. We’ve worked with governments, schools, businesses, and home owners alike, with clients that include King County Housing Authority, Western Washington University, True Value Hardware, and hundreds of residences from Sequim to Spokane.
With a strong belief that solar energy should be accessible to all, A&R Solar leads in developing community solar programs throughout the state. We’ve partnered with Seattle City Light, Clark Public Utilities, and Benton County PUD to bring large-scale community solar to their customers.
In addition, A&R Solar invests in its community, donating thousands of dollars each year in funding and solar energy to support non-profit organizations that align with their vision of environmental and social sustainability.
A&R Solar provides turnkey solar installations with an unyielding commitment to high-quality craftsmanship and excellent customer service.
We are currently a finalist for Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Places to Work award.