Go solar with
Reduce your carbon footprint
Shrink your electric bill
Go solar with confidence
Averaging 158 sunny days in a calendar year, Bend Oregon is uniquely positioned to harness the power of the sun. With the highest number of sunny days in the state, coupled with attractive Oregon solar incentives, installing solar panels in Bend Oregon has become increasingly popular among residents in Deschutes County. It’s time to stop paying for ever-increasing energy costs from the utility and start investing in your clean energy future.
A Bend Oregon solar company since 2016
A&R Solar has been helping Bend homeowners install solar panels since opening our Bend Oregon division in 2016. With 15 years of total solar panel installation experience, A&R will maintain a consistent level of service and support after your installation is complete.
What’s more, we believe in corporate responsibility. That’s why A&R Solar is a Certified B Corporation, as well as a Social Purpose Corporation. What does that mean? It’s a unique responsibility that emphasizes the commitment to putting the good of people and the environment ahead of short-term profits for shareholders. It means adhering to practices that minimize the ethical and environmental impacts of our day-to-day operations, while also maximizing our social impact within our business and our industry.
When choosing A&R Solar to install solar panels on your home, you’re choosing a Bend solar company that invests richly in their employees, communities, and the industry which we serve.
Our service area includes Bend, Culver, La Pine, Madras, Metolius, Prineville, Redmond, Sisters, Baker City, Burns, Hermiston, La Grande, Ontario, and The Dalles.
Don’t see your town? No worries–we service all of Oregon and Washington.
2022 Oregon solar incentives
When considering Bend Oregon solar installation, homeowners will have solar incentives at the federal, state, and local levels, making the cost of solar panel installation more affordable. To maximize your return on investment, consider the following solar incentives:
- Federal solar tax credit: Congress has extended and restored the federal solar tax credit to its full, original rate. This means that homeowners and businesses who install solar and/or battery backup systems between 2022-2032 will receive a 30% tax credit. A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar credit on the income tax you owe. Businesses can receive an additional 10% tax credit if they use American-made products and materials, and battery storage systems no longer need to be paired with solar to qualify for the credit.
- Energy Trust of Oregon solar incentives: The Energy Trust of Oregon offers incentives to customers of Pacific Power. Depending on the size of your system, you may be eligible to receive up to a few thousand dollars in upfront cash rebates, depending on which utility services your home. The incentive is not based on income, so everyone is eligible for the same amounts.
- Oregon Department of Energy solar rebate: Oregon homeowners can receive a rebate of up to $5,000 for a solar electric system and up to $2,500 for an energy storage system.
- Net metering: Net metering is a contract that you sign with your utility that allows you to trade your power with them at retail rates. Typically in Oregon, we produce vastly more energy than we consume during the summer and therefore build up big credits. Then during the less-sunny winter months, we use the accumulated credits to reduce electricity bills.
- Increased resale value: There is evidence that homes with solar sell faster and for more money than comparable homes without a solar energy system. A study out of California concluded that the premium for which solar homes sell is about the same as what the homeowner paid for the system in the first place. Zillow reported a 4.1% average lift in home appreciation on homes with solar over those without. In the meantime, you’re saving money on your electricity bill every month.
This couple decided to add solar when it was time to get a new roof. The system will produce 100% of their energy needs over the course of the year.
A system that doesn’t cover 100% of your electricity usage can still save you big. This homeowner will save tens of thousands over the lifetime of the system.
This homeowner installed Powerwalls as protection against power outages from winter storms and earthquakes.
What is the cost of solar panels?
The cost of solar panels depends on factors that are unique to each homeowner. Designing a system that meets your energy needs and your budget requires asking a few questions: Why are you interested in installing solar? What does your historical energy usage look like, and do you expect any changes in the future? How long do you plan to stay in your home? Are you interested in battery backup?
The cost of solar panels includes three main factors: construction characteristics of your house (roof material, height, steepness), solar equipment choices (economy, premium, or extra features), and where you live (permitting costs and available incentives).
When considering if installing solar in Bend is right for you, it helps to hear from homeowners who’ve already installed solar on their homes. Here’s what some of our customers have to say…
The A&R difference
You will receive our “Perfect 10 Guarantee.” A&R provides 10-year warranties on your residential system’s performance, workmanship, and labor. This is on top of manufacturers’ warranties, which are typically 25-30 years.
WE’LL BE AROUND
We’re one of the Northwest’s oldest and most trusted solar installers. A&R Solar is employee-owned and operated, and our executive team and staff live and work in our communities. With no company debt, we are here for the long haul.
Your system will be designed to take advantage of current financial incentives with an eye on the future to make sure that adding new technology (like battery storage) will be as seamless as possible.
Your solar array will have the highest quality modules, inverters, and racking materials that have been vetted by our Research & Development team, which is comprised of every department within our company.
TEAM OF EXPERTS
Your team consists of highly-trained professionals who are our full-time employees (not subcontractors or working out of remote call centers). In fact, we have more NABCEP-certified employees than any company in the Northwest.
HIGH QUALITY INSTALLATION
We never cut corners. We go above and beyond the competition to ensure the highest quality solar PV system installation. We take quality and your family’s safety seriously.
Learn more about solar financing
The cost of solar panels has been a barrier to entry for homes in years past. However, according to a study by the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), the cost to install solar has dropped by more than 60% over the last decade. With solar financing options provided by A&R Solar’s banking partners, most homeowners can expect low-interest solar financing options that generally offer zero-down with no fees. The only collateral on the loan is the solar equipment.
1. Request a quote
Tell us about your project using the form below. A friendly Solar Education Associate will contact you to see if we’re a good fit for you
2. Get a custom design
Your Design Consultant will meet with you to create a free design that hits your production goals and makes good financial sense. You decide when to move forward.
3. Go solar!
From permits to installation to final inspections, we’ll take care of everything. You just flip the switch and watch your electric bill and carbon footprint shrink.