Are you ready to put your marketing skills to work changing the world?
A&R Solar seeks a full-time Marketing Manager with an entrepreneurial zeal to manage the company’s marketing efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join one of the fastest growing companies in Washington with opportunities for future growth. We design and install solar energy systems for homeowners, businesses and government agencies in Washington State.
You’re a team player joining our small marketing team. In this unique position, you’ll laugh often, strengthen a company that’s truly making a difference and never experience the same day twice. You’ll work hard and have fun marketing a company that stands for quality and excellence with products that empower people to take the reins of their energy future.
As Marketing Manager, you will report directly to the CEO and Marketing Director while working closely with the owners and sales team. You’ll focus on carrying out all marketing activities of the company, including branding and public relations, to ensure continued sales growth, brand recognition and interest among potential customers and industry partners.
- Executing on marketing plans, budgets and various targeted campaigns for lead generation
- Developing communications for residential and commercial customers, building professionals and other industry partners
- Using a wide variety of channels including email campaigns, direct mail, social media, media advertisements, events, public relations, and more
- Monitoring and reporting progress on plans, budgets, and campaigns on on-going basis
- Writing and updating content for the company website, blog, project portfolios and social media
- Writing targeted press materials and social media posts that communicate A&R Solar’s brand identity and services
Desired Skills and Experience
- Desire to learn about solar energy and the passion to work hard for a startup company
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and comfort level with F-Bombs
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing or communications related field
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business, communications, design or related field
- Experience making data-driven decisions based on budgeted goals and expenses
- Experience managing media relations and developing press materials
- Strong familiarity with data-focused marketing and sales tools including: Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, MailChimp, WordPress, MS Office (Brownie points for knowing how to create a pivot table)
- Experience designing and creating content for flyers, customer testimonials, sales promotions, signs, case studies, and other print or online media materials with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity managing brand pages and leveraging social media for business, including: blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms
- Experience in the Construction, Home Improvement or Energy space
- Experience with streaming video and video technology
- You’ll work for a growing company at the forefront of solar energy deployment, and one of the leading solar companies in Washington State
- You’ll enjoy an attractive balance between strategic thinking and hands-on work. It requires collaboration with owners, employees, outside contractors and customers at all levels of the organization, so you’ll need to be a comfortable communicator
- Our culture is the kind of place where people basically do whatever they want (Just kidding… sort of… we’re open to any ideas that advance the business and increase employee enjoyment, as long as it doesn’t harm yourself or others, drives results and minimizes nudity)
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible work hours, employee ownership opportunities and a fridge that usually has beer in it
- Starting annual salary: $60,000+ DOE
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Marketing Manager’ in the subject line. Include your resume and a cover letter that explains why you’re excited about joining the A&R Solar team!
About Our Company
A&R Solar is a leading Washington solar energy installation and design firm. Employee-owned and based in Seattle, A&R Solar specializes in residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Whether you see solar as the future for your home or business, A&R Solar understands that it’s about more than power. It’s a legacy for future generations.
A&R Solar has installed over 500 systems since they started business in March of 2007. Their portfolio of projects spans government, like the King County Housing Authority; education, such as Western Washington University; businesses like True Value Hardware; and hundreds of residences from Sequim to Spokane.
With a strong belief that solar energy should be accessible to all, A&R Solar leads in developing community solar programs throughout the state. They’ve partnered with Seattle City Light and Clark Public Utilities to bring community solar to their utility customers.
In addition, A&R Solar invests in its community, donating thousands of dollars each year in funding and solar energy to support non-profit organizations that align with their vision of environmental and social sustainability.
A&R Solar provides turnkey solar installations with an unyielding commitment to high-quality craftsmanship and excellent customer service.