A&R Solar is seeking candidates to install residential and commercial solar energy systems. In this position the installer would provide direct support to the crew lead and project manager. The right candidate will be able to act as if they are the owner of the company and exhibit values of respect, honesty, and the work ethic of a craftsman.
- Working off of plans to complete designed installation.Layout and assembly of array mounting hardware and infrastructure.
- Communicate with clients and staff about progress of solar installation.
- Roof work (CANNOT be afraid of heights).
- Maintain job site, truck, and warehouse cleanliness.
- Pre-assemble components in the shop.
- Attend continuing education classes on safety, installation practices, electrical code and theory.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in solar, roof work, general construction is strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring (AC and DC systems) is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the safe use of hand-held and power tools.
- Experience working with various building and roofing materials.
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, wind and rain, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred.
- Employee ownership may be offered after three years.
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision) after 90 days.
- Flexible work schedule with paid vacation and paid holidays
- High levels of respect for all employees; have a say in what we do and how we do it.
About A&R Solar:
A&R Solar is Seattle’s first employee-owned solar company. We are specialists in photovoltaic and solar thermal design and installation. We help homeowners and businesses embrace solar energy. We power what’s next.
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Full Time